Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Other Locations: Philippines-National Capital Region (Manila)-Manila, Malaysia-Selangor-Mut._Damansara_Petaling_Jaya
Job Description: Video Producer
What’s this job about?
We want to massively grow video traffic across the three key English-speaking markets -- Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines. That’s right. Massively. So we need someone who’s smart, driven and picky about choosing the right videos to add context to news and entertainment stories.
To thrive in this job, you must have a love for news and current affairs. But to succeed, you need to fully appreciate what the audience is interested in, and deliver it to them. Your decisions will be guided by your editorial instincts, but informed by data.
This role could be based in either Singapore, Malaysia or Philippines -- we’re just looking for the best and brightest talent to get this job done.
What will a regular day look like in this role?
- Seek out the strongest video content on the Yahoo! network and feature those videos on multiple platforms, including Yahoo!’s front page, media sites and social media channels.
- Monitor trending videos online and find ways to bring those videos on board Yahoo! channels.
- Develop and maintain short-, medium- and long-term programming calendars and schedules for video inventories.
- Track and analyze data for video streams and identify trends, threats and opportunities.
What you’ll need to succeed and thrive.
- You must be self-motivated, driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision. We are very flat in hierarchy so you’ll need to be able to push forward with your own ideas.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural teams across different markets. Everyone is different and we’re open to different ideas and perspectives. We’ll expect the same of you.
- Broad understanding of news issues in Southeast Asia as well as global news/entertainment/sports trends. So a background in editorial work will be helpful in helping you frame these stories.
- Ability to understand numbers, data and analytics, as well as the tools used to process them. It’s not rocket science, but it helps if you actually enjoy working with data.
Are you qualified for this role? What you need to get an interview with us.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in journalism. A double bonus if it’s in online journalism.
- You need to be based in either Singapore, Malaysia or Philippines.
- Able to work weekends and other odd hours if necessary.
- If you can speak and write in Malay or Tagalog, that’s even better.
- A university degree. It would be great if it was in journalism, but it would be more interesting to see how your academic background has informed your view of the world.
- And you need to love solving problems. Not dishing them out or tossing them to the side -- but actually solving problems proactively.
Email me: email@example.com